Monday, January 28, 2008

Le commencement

"Le commencement" (literal translation): The beginning. Thanks AltaVista Babel Fish.

I took four years of French and I racked my brain over how to say "the beginning". Then again, I also took four years of French and I still don't know what "Feliz Navidad" means. Ugh. Maybe someday, when this blog has its own cult following I'll elaborate on the previous statement.

I've been delaying the debut of this blog for some time now. Perhaps I just needed to be at the right point in my life to start writing again. My seventh grade English teacher always said I'd be a writer; granted she couldn't remember my name for shit but oh dang could I write. I was such a literary prize at the ripe age of twelve or thirteen or however old I was that many light years ago.

Writing is neat. I don't know if I can call myself a "writer" though. My writing consists of my regurgitating my own thoughts in a carefully twisted way, dripping with sarcasm much like a leaky faucet only much more annoying. However, here goes my crude attempt at creative expression. Consider yourself warned.

No comments: